GUNG HO! is the basis for our philosophy of work and life, taking clues from key behavioral characteristics modeled by three animals. The concept as presented by Blanchard and Bowles (Harper Collins 1998) is a management approach to build and motivate successful teams. As we practice it, the overall conscious focus of our work is on improving the world in which we live and work.
Our Team recognizes that each individual brings a unique talent and style to their tasks, each of which is recognized as meaningful work contributing to the assigned goal.
Our management approach supports opportunities for the individual to do their work as each sees appropriate to achieving the goals assigned. We motivate and support each other with celebration of completions and successes, overall taking inspiration from the Spirit of the Squirrel, the Way of the Beaver, and the Gift of the Goose. Simple animals with powerful lessons!
SPIRIT OF THE SQUIRREL
1. Knowing we make the world a better place.
2. Everyone works toward a shared goal.
3. Values guide all plans, decisions and actions.
WAY OF THE BEAVER
IN CONTROL OF ACHIEVING THE GOAL
1. A playing field with clearly marked territory.
2. Thoughts, feelings, needs and dreams are respected, listened to and acted upon.
3. Able but challenged.
GIFT OF THE GOOSE
CHEERING OTHERS ON
1. Active or passive, congratulations must be TRUE.
2. No score, no game, and cheer the progress.
3. E=mc^2 - Enthusiasm equals mission times cash and congratulations.
CHRYSALIS Services AG | Office CH-4051 Basel: Phone +41 61 271 10 95 | firstname.lastname@example.org